Man taking cell phone photo of moose by the road, Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
Come join us!
Mindset is everything
Unlike crowded, snapshot tours, we believe in an attitude of integration.
Our main priority is respecting the living beings and areas we visit.
We respect the land, and show the same respect to you.
We adjust our actions to fit the rhythms of the animals and earn their trust.
Trust and patience lead to geat images
We are dedicated to providing you with an outstanding Alaska experience.
“Ron SAVED MY CAMERA! Dunked in salt water, he revived it and I kept shooting next day. Thank you!” – G.D., Germany
"Ron knows photography and has the ability to communicate eloquently and put people at ease”
Our premium photo tours help serious amateur, semi-pro and pro photographers get the experiences and images of their lives. Given by photographers, rangers and photo-tour guides, our tours have these vital benefits:
1) The ONLY multi-day photography tours based in the midst of the wildlife-rich Kenai Peninsula.
2) Small groups only (2-6 people) — to give you any or all the personal attention you want.
3) Flexibility to spend maximum field time with animals when the light is great and everything is coming together!
4) NEW for 2022! – day trip to classic bear-salmon-waterfall hot spots like Brooks Falls included with all 7-day tours!
Compare us to any other Alaskan photo tour or trek or safari. Our exclusive central location and low overhead means you will spend more time in the field to photograph and enjoy the animals and experiences.
Think about this: if you book a tour with the larger corporate or international companies, a huge percentage of your money pays for high salaries of company executives, celebrity tour guides, high-end luxury lodging, expensive TV ads, and repeat commutes back to Anchorage.
Mile for mile, Dollar for Dollar, Megabyte for Megabyte
You’ll get more time, more photo opps, more insights, and more personal attention for less than any other Alaska tour of similar length & locations.
3 species of bears and a MILLION opportunities to photograph them!
Thank you for your hard work which made this journey so memorable!"”
3 Great Questions
1) Why not just take a photo tour geared to the general public?
If you love photography, you won’t get the time you need on “snapshot excursions”. Their agenda is more oriented to covering large distances and checklists, rather than giving the time to work a scene. They’ll keep moving on to the next scene regardless of golden light, great animal interactions or photo opps.
2) Does a photo trek or “safari” cost more?
The short answer is “not with us”. Compare apples to apples. Our tours cost less than if you book each activity yourself, including transportation, lodging, meals, flights & other fees. And, when you add in all the hidden costs (exorbitant rental car prices or transport over hundreds of miles, park fees, cabs, meals at the “wrong” places, rooms at the “wrong” hotels, etc.) — APA tours often cost less than other Alaska photo tours going to the same locations!
How can we do that?
• Low overhead / family business. You’re not paying for large, corporate structures and overhead, or to cover expensive TV ads, marketing departments, inflated salaries, or tours in other states/countries. It’s just us – a family company with 40 years of Alaska experience, integrity and top credentials. More important than booking with a large, famous company or a “celebrity” photographer is for you to have a fantastic, unforgettable tour and get the photos of your life!
• Bulk discounts from operators we’ve known for years. Rather than paying for excessive luxury or repeated commutes back to Anchorage, you’ll have more time & flexibility at premium, Alaskan wildlife spots to photograph classic scenes — bears with fish, big mammals on land and sea, aerials, puffins, fjords, etc.
3) Why pay for a guide when I know what I want and how to photograph?
There are a lot more logistics to getting great shots in a short amount of time than just clicking the shutter. Alaska is a big, wild place. The knowledge and connections of a local guide can be more important than photo knowledge.This can make the difference between great shots vs NO shots.
Timing, animal habits, weather, terrain, alternate routes, Murphy’s Law, first aid — these only come from decades of living here. We’ve helped fix broken or drenched cameras, loaned out lenses or SIM cards in the field, and all kinds of other issues when the unexpected happens. You’ll get tons of tips on Alaska, animals and photography (see the free tips on this site). And by the way, we’re eager to hear about your experiences!
We have lots of returning visitors…
"Ron has a deep understanding and uncommon compassion toward his subject matter, whether it involves people or animals...
he is an effective and inspiring communicator”.
G.F., Photography instructor
Your time is limited. Let us handle the logistics.
Alaska is a big, wild state and there are a lot of things to coordinate that we’ve been doing for a long time.
We know you have a choice in tours. Compare us on any level — locations, activities, wildlife, variety, price, experience or personal interaction. We’ll make your trip seamless and your valuable time worth every penny. Trust your gut.
(Includes day trip/flight to Brooks Falls or similar classic bear-salmon-waterfall location!)
(Single supplement $695)
All Tours include:
RT Transportation from Anchorage & around Kenai Peninsula
Flights and/or boat rides to/from Nat’l Parks & bear camps
Helicopter aerials over fjords & glaciers
Dogsled riding on a remote glacier
All lodging & meals (snacks/alcohol extra)
All Park and/or Refuge fees
Note: Private customized tours are available where you can mix, match or add locations/interests as you desire. Prices start at $1500/day, depending on length, # people and activities. Contact us for more info.
Call (907) 740-3322
to book your Alaska photography tour
or use the form below to contact us with any questions
(If form doesn’t appear, click here or Contact Us on menu above)page contents
“A fantastic experience!”
If you know your dates, click the yellow button to reserve your spot NOW. Space is limited.